Holojam Hackathon 2016 Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the hackathon, entrants agree to be bound by, and are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions. The following are the terms upon which you may participate in the Holojam Hackathon being hosted by H Plus Technologies Ltd on 10 March 2016, and 26 March 2016.
ENTRY CONDITIONS OF THE HACKATHONS
1. Entry is undertaken by individuals only and no individual may enter the Hackathon in their capacity as a member or director of an incorporated or unincorporated business. All entrants must be aged 18 or over
2. To take part in the HoloJam, you must register via the hackathon’s Eventbrite page at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/holojam-hackathon-2016-tickets-21536721915 before 12pm on the afternoon of the Meet & Greet Mixer.
3. By registering for and participating in the Hackathon, the entrants:
3.1. warrant that they have complied with these Entry Conditions;
3.2. consent to their name, image, likeness, photograph, video, hometown, description of their entry and biography being used by H Plus Technologies on their websites, in promotional material, and in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Hackathon including but not limited to any press articles, blogs or articles on social media pages;
3.3. warrant that their entry is original, that the entry and resources used to create the entry are solely that of the entrant(s) submitting them and that the entrant owns any Intellectual Property Rights in the entry or have all necessary rights or licences to use them and submit the entry in the Hackathon and that their entry does not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party and that any current employer and/or learning institution which the entrant is employed by or enrolled with would have no claim to the entry developed and submitted.
3.4. shall indemnify H Plus Technologies against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements on a solicitor and client basis), losses and damages arising from or incurred by reason of any infringement or alleged infringement (including but not limited to the defence of such alleged infringement) of any Intellectual Property Rights in respect of the entry or otherwise in respect to their entry, creation of the entry, participation of the entry in the Hackathons or use or misuse of prize money.
4. By participating in the Hackathon, you will be disclosing and demonstrating your entry to other entrants of the Hackathon and the Judging Panel. You must ensure that you are comfortable sharing any information and ideas in this way.
5. Entrants are responsible for all costs associated with their attendance at the Hackathon including but not limited to transport and accommodation.
6. H Plus Technologies reserves the right to disqualify any entrant(s) from the Hackathon without liability where they:-
6.1. Use any of the Hackathon to market any goods/services they provide themselves or through a legal entity they are associated with;
6.2. Act in such as way as to bring of the Hackathon or H Plus Technologies into disrepute in the reasonable opinion of the Event Organiser.
6.3. Act in such as way as to threaten or risk the health or wellbeing of themselves or others.
6.4. Infringe or fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, all Intellectual Property Rights in the entry shall remain vested in the entrant(s) who created them or, in the case of Intellectual Property Rights owned by any third party or parties, such third party or parties. H Plus Technologies accepts no liability for any disagreement among team members regarding ownership of any Intellectual Property Rights contained in any entry including, without limitation, the winning entry or for any inaccurate or incorrect information supplied or relied upon by any entrant during the Hackathon.
8 Entries must be presented in English or if in another language, must beaccompanied by a simultaneous English translation.
9 Entries must not:
9.1. Be defamatory of any person.
9.2. Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
9.3. Promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
9.4. Infringe any copyright, design, database right or trade mark or any other Intellectual Property Rights of any other person.
9.5. Be likely to deceive any person or be misrepresentative.
9.6. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
9.7. Promote any illegal activity.
9.8. Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
9.9. Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) infringement of Intellectual Property Rights or computer misuse.
REGISTRATION OF TEAMS AND ENTRIES
10. Any changes to the membership of the team over the course of a Hackathon must be communicated to the Event Organiser immediately. If no changes are so communicated to the Event Organiser, each team will be regarded as consisting of the individuals notified on the first day of the Hackathon (Friday) for the purposes of any prize money distribution to such team if it wins.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES AND JUDGING OF ENTRIES
11. Each team of entrants will present their entry to the Judging Panel, other entrants and guests on the evening of the Hackathon in a presentation of no longer than ten (10) minutes long followed by a Question and Answer Session of no longer than two (2) minutes long.
12. Selection of the winning entry for the Hackathon shall be carried out by the Judging Panel. Winners will be announced at the end of the event. The Judging Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. H Plus Technologies reserve the right to make any necessary changes or substitutions to the Judging Panel prior to the Hackathon.
13. The winning entry shall be the entry which, in the Judging Panel’s sole judgement, best meets the following criteria:
1.1. it is relevant to the values and vision of the H Plus Technologies;
1.2. it is feasible;
1.3. it has potential to solve a need or issue in the current society and world;
1.4. it exhibits creativity;
1.6. it makes effective use of Holus’ capabilities; and
1.7. it is innovative.
14. If, in the reasonable opinion of the Judging Panel, the entries are of insufficient number or quality, H Plus Technologies reserve the right not to make an award without liability to any entrant.
15. Members of the winning team agree to provide (or allow to be taken) a group photograph for marketing/promotional purposes of H Plus Technologies and to make themselves reasonably available to H Plus Technologies for the purposes of promotion and publicity of the hackathon and H Plus Technologies for a period of twelve (12) months following the end of the Hackathon, in which the winning entry is entered and at no cost to H Plus Technologies other than any expenses genuinely and necessarily incurred in attending such promotion and publicity pre-agreed with H Plus Technologies.
AWARD OF PRIZE
16. Prize money shall be distributed to each of the winning entrants by cheque.
17. Where requested by H Plus Technologies, each member of the winning team undertakes to provide H Plus Technologies with progress reports detailing all progress made with the winning entry. Such progress reports shall be completed detailing progress after 3 months, 6 months and 9 months of the last day of the Hackathon.
18. By entering the Hackathon, entrants agree to H Plus Technologies processing their personal data provided when entrants register for their place on the Hackathon, for the purposes of running the Hackathon, advertising/marketing and/or advertising/marketing future Hackathon opportunities to you and in the event that they are members of the winning team, entrants agree to H Plus Technologies processing their personal information for the purposes of distributing prize money.
19. H Plus Technologies reserves the right to cancel or temporarily suspend all or any of the Hackathons with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
20. H Plus Technologies reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Hackathon prior to the events happening and any new terms and conditions shall be effective once uploaded to www.hplustech.com/pages/holojam-hackathon-2016-terms-and-conditions