Collection and Use of Personal InformationH Plus collects and uses personal information from customers and others (an "Individual") as follows:
- H Plus may collect and maintain personal information such as an Individual's name, contact information, payment card information and purchase history, if applicable, when an Individual subscribes for services or purchases products on our website or by other means.
- H Plus may collect personal information from an Individual where the Individual submits an application or submission for programs operated from time-to-time by H Plus (the “Programs”). We use submitted personal information as is reasonably required to assess the Individual's eligibility in the Programs and to advertise and promote the Programs.
- When participating in a contest or promotion, we may collect personal information, such as a contest winner's name, address and residence information, and prize winnings in order to award prizes and promote such contests. This information may be published in connection with contests.
- From time to time, we may obtain an Individual's consent to use the Individual's contact information to provide periodic newsletters or updates, announcements and special promotions regarding H Plus products and services.
- In order to use certain features on the Sites (such as to make publicly available personal information about yourself and others, including without limitation, photos and videos), an Individual may be required to register and provide personal information such as name, email address, location (i.e. city, province or state, postal code or zip code), date of birth and a user name and password that the Individual chooses, and any other user names or aliases on other social media such as youtube or vimeo (if applicable). We use this information to identify you, provide the requested feature and, with respect to date of birth, to verify that you meet the minimum age requirement. Your username, city and province will be published with your submissions for certain Programs or contests, and/or posting. By submitting, applying for, or making publicly available his or her personal information on the Sites, the Individual consents to the publication of such personal information. By publishing personal information about another individual, the Individual represents that he or she has, where required by applicable privacy laws, obtained the consent of such individuals to publish such information.
- The "Send to a Friend", “Share”, and other similar features on our Sites permit an Individual to send email to others or invite others to view aspects of our Sites. These feature require an Individual to submit their name and email address, as well as the name and email address of the recipient; or alternatively to submit user information for other social media sites. We do not use the names, email addresses or usernames, where applicable, submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without the consent of the Individual or the email recipient to do so.
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
Disclosure of Personal InformationH Plus will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information for purposes other than as those set our herein, except with an Individual's consent or as required or permitted by law. H Plus may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- H Plus may transfer your personal information to third-party service providers or agents who provide services to or on behalf of H Plus such as hosting, data management and storage services, market analyses, and retention services. Either H Plus or such third party service provider may use servers for such purposes located in the United States or another foreign country. The personal information of an Individual may be processed and stored in the United States or such other foreign country, and the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
- H Plus, and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of H Plus or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Opt-OutIndividuals are given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from H Plus by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our email communications by contacting H Plus using the contact information provided below.