Holus Software Development Tool Key Features
In this article, you will find highlights on the some of the key features related to SDK (Software Development Kit) and Middleware Solution.
Before, I share specific features, let me in brief explain to you on the usage of the above mentioned software tools.
Holus SDK is a set of scripts, shaders, textures, models and other media oriented filed packaged in the form of Unity and Unreal Plugin. The purpose of this SDK is to allow developers to perform two tasks in short amount time
- To transfer their existing applications/content into Holus compatible one. For eg, Developers may convert their games such as pinball into a 4 player game or Artists may transfer their 3D art to be visualized inside Holus.
- Create new holographic experience and applications.
This middleware tool was developed in collaboration with SIAT, Simon Fraser University, Surrey. We have then integrated some of the features of middleware to work with Holus. We have also given a name to this middleware tool which is called Connect Anything With Anything. KEWE is a visual programming environment where users will be able to quickly connect any given sensor such as brain control, gesture control to Holus. It is a networking infrastructure that allows developers and designers to participate in the democratization of holographic era. It will allow wide range of possibilities to be realized quickly and efficiently.
Here is an example of possibilities with Holus created using Holus SDK and KEWE middleware.
Below are some of the features that developers will see along with the release of Holus SDK.
1) Rendering Algorithm script will convert a given 3D content into multi perspective content.
2) Dynamic Perspective Correction in order to simulate holographic experience. The script will change the perspective of virtual camera depending on the user position.
3) Dynamic Stitching that works for single users to provide seamless 360 degree experience on the edges.
4) Camera Bounds/Holus Stage - Developers will be able to simulate entire Holus environment in Unity/Unreal before porting their application onto the device, there by saving time.
5) Model/Prefab positioning system. The script quickly allows developers to position their content within Holus stage which is in the form of pyramid shape.
6) Position Tracking - Developers can use this script to track users connected with their smartphone for upto 8 users at a same time. More users could be connected, however the FPS might get affected.
7) Lighting of Holus Stage - Allowing realistic rendering and lighting within Holus from any given angle with respect to user position.
8) Selecting or Deselecting layers to appear a particular content on particular sides/cameras. Apart from using Holus to simulate holographic experience, SDK will also allow developers to have complete control of every pixel from display source. Which means they could be using four sides as four different display screens, that makes it interesting in some cases for users to not see content on other sides of the pyramid.
If you have any ideas in mind regarding improving SDK or have any suggestions regarding our software tool, feel free to reach out to us through the form below.